"My Story" Dermatologist 3

After the symptoms got worse I started to use do the herb and salt baths. It was the only time that the crawling sensation stopped so I took baths morning, noon, and night. I spent countless hours in the bath looking for any kind of relief only for the crawling on the scalp and skin to start all over within 30 minutes of drying off.  Night time was the worst. There were no distractions from my symptoms and so I stayed up researching looking for answers for what it was that was happening to me until falling asleep exhausted.

I got through the first week and met with a dermatologist in Dallas. That was a disaster. The doctor couldn't find any evidence of bugs on my scalp. Frustrated, I could still feel the little bugs jumping up and down on my scalp and crawling on my skin. I called our Primary care physician in Arlington, TX and asked for help. He referred me to a dermatologist in Fort Worth at UT Southwestern Medical center. Desperate, I agreed since I trusted our family doctor.

Again, I found myself face to face with a doctor repeating my history with Springtails as she listened to me with a great deal of concern.  There were no answers, but she started to prescribe creams such as Dermazene Cream Hydrocortisone 1%, and Ammonium Lactate Cream 12%. She had me use Ketoconazole Shampoo 2%, Selsun Blue shampoo and Nizoral Shampoo. Also, she explained that taking three baths a day was starting to wreak havoc on my skin, scalp, and hair. I understood that I was doing more damage to myself trying to find relief, but it was the only time I was free from the crawling sensations.

  I then changed from taking baths to showering and using the shampoo for both the body and scalp. Lucky for me, the dermatologist was able to get a sample of bugs that I bagged from my previous baths and identified it as a Springtail. During this time I also started to repeat the Permetherin cream process by sleeping in it and showering in the morning. The next three treatments didn't have any bugs but I still had the crawling sensation. I was also showering two times a day with medicated shampoo and went to see another MD who prescribed Fluconazole tablets. I was getting desperate and we were now approaching the end of June.

Comments

Popular Posts