"My Story" Calling in the Experts 4

I started to take the Fluconazole tablets but had a reaction which landed me in the ER.  The doctors at the ER checked my liver and ran tests then told me that I was fine and everything checked out. That didn't add up as I was still having the crawling and jumping sensation all over my skin and the worst was on the scalp. Confused, I went home and decided that since everything was okay with all the tests they ran I continued to take the Fluconazole tablets. 

My dermatologist who found the Springtail called me and suggested I go to see the Infectious Disease doctors. Since I was already at the ER that past weekend I decided to see the infectious disease doctor at the Methodist Hospital in Richardson. I made an appointment the following week excited that now that we were talking to the experts I would finally get some real help. The doctor under that title was of no help at all. In fact it was almost a joke that I was even there as he didn't believe that I had found the bugs and seemed uninterested in what was happening to me sending me out the door broken hearted.

I called my dermatologist feeling like I was losing trust in doctors only for her to explain that she wanted me to see the Infectious disease doctor at UT Southwestern in Dallas. Because of her, I made an appointment with the new ID doctor in Dallas the following week. A dear friend dove me to the appointment as I had lost more weight and was trying to keep myself from losing it mentally from all the activity on my body. The doctor had to look up the word Collembola on the internet then interviewed me extensively. To my relief he had a lot of tests ordered, prescribed Fluconazole for the next four weeks then asked me to come back in four weeks.  I had hope again that finally I would have some answers. I made it through the four weeks staying on my regiment of the Candida diet, Fluconazole, Chinese herbs from the Acupuncturist, and two showers a day. Friends called keeping me company to keep my mind off the activity.

When the time was up I returned with my friend only to be told that I was in perfect health and there was nothing wrong with me. My tests for the Candida were normal. Stunned and after finding my composure to talk I asked about the Collembola, the activity on the skin, the black dots that were everywhere, and the large rash that was forming on my left leg. The doctor said he didn't know about any of that and said there was nothing he could do. My friend and I drove home unsure what had just happened. After that I started to question my own sanity but each time I did, I would run though an assessment of my situation knowing full well that what was happening to me was real and that I was not making it up.

Lucky for me I had an appointment with my dermatologist the following week. This time she took pictures of the rash on my leg as it was getting larger following a strange pattern that she felt was significant to document.  She also confided that only a few days before  my appointment the Infectious disease doctor had contacted her saying that he had missed the note documenting the Collembola in my chart. By that time I had lost all interest in seeing the "experts" and decided to go to another doctor who I had heard about in Fort Worth known for testing Candida. I made an appointment knowing I was not crazy and feeling that maybe somehow the Candida might be a part of the cause of my predicament.  My dermatologist agreed it was a good idea to get another opinion.

 I forgot to mention it was also at this time that my friend who had taken me to the doctors appointments suggested I see a friend of hers who owned a spa in Richardson. Her name was CJ, who invited me to do foot detox treatments to help me detox the candida and toxins out of my body. grateful I accepted and then started to do the treatments very soon after.




Comments

Popular Posts